Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Carrots...Good for the Eyes

We had a great weekend. This is what I found on Sunday afternoon...

Gracie had her 6 month check up Monday May 24th and received her shots!!

I was by myself on this round so I didn't even try to get a picture. She was absolutely happy the entire time and then BAM!!! The shots came!!

She now weighs 12 lbs 9.5 oz.
She is 23 inches long.
Her head is 16 1/4 inches.

She is now in the 5th percentile in weight!! Yea!!! That may seem low to you, but we are just glad she finally made it onto the growth chart!! Her height still has not made it onto the chart.


Our doctor suggested we begin Gracie on some baby food...starting with veggies. So on Monday night we put her chair together and Bryan had the honors. I think I was too nervous to try. She was a little fussy beforehand because of her shots. Plus she never liked the cereal we tried in previous weeks. I just wasn't sure if she would take to baby food.

Initially it was touch and go...



But overall, we feel like she did very well her first time.


11 comments:

joan winkler said...

julie, loved reading your blog....
i find that it still doesn't get any easier when ur child(ren) gets shots as they get older...as a mommy u still feel for them. one thing i did (and still do) is give them some (baby)tylenol before dr's appt....that helped them. didn't know if someone had already told you this...thanks for sharing Gracie w/the rest of us.
blessings to you and Brian

Lauren said...

By the looks of it, I think she likes that food. Too precious!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh she is a doll!!! Those big brown eyes are so beautiful!!!I agree with the other comment that I give my boys tylenol about an hour before their appointments.

Jamie said...

She is just to precious!!! I remember shots well. I would just sit and hold him. He always got a bad fever the next day so I would check on him a million times a night the night of the shots. I love the food pictures to cute!

Kelly said...

Well she is just the CUTEST thing!!! She gets cuter every time you post pictures! She'll grow....and grow and grow! Don't worry! I know ya'll are loving life!!

petrii said...

Julie,
What a sweetie that Gracie is!! I'm so glad she is starting to eat some carrots. YAY!!

Love you girl ~~ good to see you posting ~~ have a Blessed week,
Dawn

Melanie said...

Sweet and beautiful baby girl. It is always so sweet and funny when they begin eating.

Laura said...

Hi Julie! I just found your blog thru Caroline. your family is beautiful and i loved reading about the adoption!!!! enjoy your little girl!!!

Caroline said...

Miss you friend! I pray things are going ok and you are just busy!!!!!

Claire said...

Such a poppet!

Cxx

Alana said...

Oh wow! I have been so out of the bloggy loop. You have a precious little one now! Congrats! She's a doll!