Sunday, October 12, 2008

Wacky Wild Weekend !?!

I'm not sure what to title our weekend. It has been strange, indeed. I thought about taking a picture of me in black due to the fact OU LOST ON SATURDAY!!! I was upset and disappointed. I was late getting to Ada and listened to the first half on the radio driving down the interstate. Never listen to a major game as you drive in traffic!! How in the world could our defense have given Texas 3 - 1st downs just from penalties!!! Frustrating!!! I was able to watch the last 2 quarters with Bryan at his parents'. Needless to say, it put a damper on the rest of the afternoon. We were frustrated and yelling at the players as if they could actually hear us through the TV!! We are definitely nervous now for Bedlam against OSU!! We might have been #1 prior to this weekend but I think it was only because we had not had any major competition until this past weekend. A friend of mine waved her Texas flag at me last night as she was walking out the church and I told her she was not acting very Christ-like!! :)

Let's move on to more positive things, shall we?!

Bunco was tons of fun and great laughs!! I like being a sub and hope to someday be in a group permanently. It was pj night. I felt a little strange driving across town in my pajama pants and I'm thankful I didn't have a wreck wearing animal print pjs!!
That would have been a sight. My pjs weren't that exciting but I was comfortable.

Here's a picture of Rachel, Emily, Melissa, and I. Aren't Melissa's pjs the best!! I love them. They were definitely my favorite!

I never win anything but on Friday, I held the Bunco Bear at the end of the games and I won the grand prize (I guess that is what you call it).

Thanks to Melissa for taking my picture. I wore my glasses because after all it was pj night and I usually have my glasses on when I wear my pjs. I forgot to get a picture of the prize but it was a grouping of painted letters reading "Harvest Welcome" or I could reverse it to say "Welcome Harvest."

My friend Niki is going to be a grandma for the first time and she is ecstatic!!! Can you tell???
We saw Bryan's MeMaw on Saturday evening. She is in rehab and seems to be doing well. She looked so much better than last Sunday. Her color is good and she can talk a lot better, I think. She does have a cough and they are giving her breathing treatments and watching for pneumonia. Thank you for your prayers for her recovery.

4 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

Oh Julie...

I thought about you all day on Saturday. What a game, what a game!!!

I am glad you had fun at Bunco though ;)!

p.s. Where did Melissa get those pjs?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am not even going to comment on the OU game. But, the refrees did make some horrible calls!

Cute pjs! That looks like so much fun!

The Hickmans said...

How fun!! Happy B-day to your honey, too. =)

Faith said...

You are adorable and I'm loving your cute pajamas and glasses!

So glad that Memaw is doing better!