Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ready, Set, SALE!!!!!

Where is Ty Pennington when you need him most!!! :-)


Bryan and I have been so incredibly busy. I don't even know where to start. I will spare you the in between and details and sum it up with...we are putting our house up for sale and looking for a new house!! We are very excited and most of the time, we have had a lot of fun together as we start this endeavor!! But we have also worked harder than I think I personally ever have getting our house ready and staging each room. I am spent physically and mentally. I've made trip upon trip to the storage unit (my attempt to declutter and make our house look bigger. Is that false advertisement?).


We hope to find a larger house on an acre or two. We have 2 so far we are considering but we want our house to sale first. So, we are trying not to get too attached to these in case they sale before ours does.


We are just about finished getting our house ready but Bryan is smacked dab in the middle of finals this week and it has rained 247 days straight in OK!!! small exaggeration. But seriously, you sink when you walk across our yard. Not good weather to put up and paint trim on the outside of our house!!!

Bryan's parents came up one weekend. His mom and I focused on the inside of the house and Bryan and his dad worked on repairing our back door frame as well as a frame in the guest room. With their help in one day, we got a lot accomplished.

Bryan's graduation is in a week and it is our hope we will be able to put out our For Sale sign very shortly thereafter!


I think of you often!!! Hopefully we will get done and I can begin commenting on blogs again real soon!!

15 comments:

Chic Runner said...

Congrats! That is so exciting and congrats on Brian's graduation! :)

Guyla said...

That's so exciting, Julie! But I'm a little sad that you won't be my neighbor anymore... :)

petrii said...

Julie,
How exciting!!! I hope you are able to sell and buy quickly.

Congratulations to Brian!!

Have a Blessed evening,

Jenna said...

yay!!! too exciting! and you look so cute you little handy-girl. ty pennington ain't got nothin on you, miss!

Jennifer said...

you guys don't happen to live in norman do you? we may possibly be moving there in the near future and will be looking for a house! how crazy is that?!?

Kimberly said...

Good luck with all that, how stressful...Ben is taking next week off work to add french doors to our bedroom, new cabinets and a marble counter top with decorative tile trim. He is painting the bathroom and adding beadboard, and tile trim around theedge of the bath-tub. We have been purchasing supplies for quite a while now, so today he is ordering 2 vessel sinks with Funky(oops)lovely vessel faucets. Hopefully, it will all go smoothly..like anything ever does here.

valerie said...

That's exciting Julie!
Tell Brian congratulations on his graduation. He's worked hard.
I'll keep your house situation in my prayers. Praying all will go smooth.
I think of you often.
Love ya,
Valerie

Alana said...

I hope all goes well with the sale of your house!

Lauren said...

How fun and exciting, alot of hard work, but exciting :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

Bless your heart! I was wondering where you had gone. This is so exciting :)! I will pray that all will go well!!!

Heather said...

Good luck on the house....I hear you on the rain....our backyard is completely saturated!! Every time our dogs go in and out I end up with mud all over my house!!!

The Hickmans said...

Oh, good luck!! We are doing the same. =) My Word on Wednesday posts are back- I'm so excited about sharing God's Word on my blog again! =)

Linda said...

How exciting. I hope it sells quickly and you find exactly what you are looking for.

MiMi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MiMi said...

Lots of exciting news! Praying that God will help you to sell your house quickly and lead you to the perfect new house!

Congrats, Bryan! So proud of him!