Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Graduation and Lights

This past weekend my cousin graduated from East Central University in Ada. My Alma mater!!
You can't tell in this picture, but I did dress in my schools colors! Orange!!! After the graduation, I visited the campus store and bought Bryan and I both alumni shirts! I don't have a picture of mine but I think it is pretty snappy!
Eric and Whitney provided lunch for all of us at our Granny's home. It was great to see my cousins, aunt, uncle, and my family.

Eric, Whitney, Katie, and Jesse

My parents with my sisters and I (can you tell I went with the wild hair look!)

Uncle Doug, Granny, and My Mom


The pictures taken of my aunt and I did not turn out. I'm glad she has posted some on face book though! :)

Once we got back to our home, I met my cousins James, Eric, and Eric's little boy Jesse for dinner. Bryan was out of town and Eric's wife was at a birthday party. I would have loved to have got a picture but I didn't want to embarrass them. It was a great visit and yummy Mexican food!



On Monday, we went with the Gortons and Brooklyn's high school friend, Courtney, to our annual "View the Lights at Chickasha and Eat at Jake's Ribs." Yummy! I love having this tradition with the Gortons. It means so much they include us. I think we have done it for three years now.



It was ridiculously cold though on Monday night. We didn't last long at all outside. We walked over to the the large light tree, took some pictures, and then went to buy hot chocolate and apple cider inside. We opted to do the drive through this year and I'm kind of glad. I think the cold would have been painful and might have made some folks sick.



Please pray for Granny. She has had the shingles and although they are finally clearing, she is still not feeling well. She does not have an appetite and has no energy. Also, please pray she will be encouraged. Her spirits are somewhat down.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness!! Our connection gets funnier... Your Cousin Eric Peevehouse is REALLY good friends with Ryan. We all went to ECU together.

Jennifer said...

Your poor Granny. I had shingles when I was in high school and they are so painful. I missed school for a week, so I can only imagine how horrible they are when you are older. I will be praying for her to feel well soon!

danielle said...

i love the lights in chickasha!! what a fun night!! even though it looks FREEZING!

Jamie said...

How funny we do the whole Chickasha lights and Jake's rib thing too!

I will be praying for your Granny!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm!!! I LOVE Jakes!!! We need to make it up to Chickasha to see the lights. The boys are finally old enough now to where they enjoy them.

Lauren said...

Beautiful pictures and congrats to your cousin. Keeping your granny in my prayers!! :)