Friday, February 15, 2008

Advise

I have several things I'd like to blog right now (haircut, watching American Idol that Brooklyn recorded, and my valentines from Bryan) but I'm in a time crunch right now. I'll expand on these things later and post some pictures.


Last night, I spent some time with one of my dearest friends, Brooklyn. She has two little girls that I just love and she is so good to let me participate in their lives. Her youngest will be turning 2 in April. Stella is sucking her thumb and not just at night. She does often throughout the day. Brooklyn was telling me her thumb is callousing over but she just can't get Stella to stop. I told her I would blog this and ask if anyone had any advise. Those of you I have met so far seem to be great moms so I'm sure you have some advise, pretty please!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Okay. I didn't spell check before I posted this. I meant to spell advice

Kelly said...

I sucked my thumb until I was 12 or 13. YIKES! And I had to wear braces and head gear for years because of it. My mom tried a lot of things to get me to stop. There is some kind of terrible tasting nail polish you can paint on their thumbs. I eventually had to sleep with socks on my hands for a while to stop (I only did it in my sleep after about the 3rd grade).

Angela said...

Sorry, Julie, neither of my kids sucked their thumbs. They liked the pacifier. When it was time for them to go we just threw them away.