Thursday, April 3, 2008

Birthday Celebration

At 11:04 a.m (my real birth time) yesterday I celebrated by 32nd birthday!!
Here's my present from Bryan.I wasn't sure if I would really use an Ipod Nano, but I love it. I think Bryan may be jealous he didn't get himself one. I have downloaded some Selah, Avalon, Chris Tomlin, Mandissa, and more. I also downloaded the audio of the book of Psalm. It is incredible. I used my ipod at the gym on Monday and it really made the time fly by. At work, I listen to the Psalms. If anyone has any suggestions in way of music or audio books, let me know.
My family and friends lavished me with love and kindness. Yesterday I left work for an eye dr appointment and when I came back, my bosses, John and Judy, had brought in Charleston's and Jorge, Brooklyn, and Boston were here (Jorge is John and Judy's son). When we sat down to eat, Bryan walked in, which was a great surprise. Because he works downtown and had class later in the day, I didn't expect to be able to see him for lunch. John and Judy treated all of us to lunch, had a carrot cake with a candle on it, and gave me a knitting kit and a gift certificate to a local restaurant!!! They really spoil me. I am truly blessed to work for them and to also work in a great environment.
My mother-in-law sent this azalea plant to my officeShe is suppose to come up this Saturday and celebrate my birthday and we were going to work in my front flower bed. So she had the florist send something I could plant outside!!! Isn't she the best and so very creative. The weather though may put a hold on our gardening. It has rained a lot this week. The flower bed will have to dry up a little if we plant anything at all.
For dinner we went to eat with my cousin Eric and his wife, Whitney, and step-daughter, Katie. We ate at the Salt Grass. I love it. I had fried mushrooms and a salad. Yum! Yum! They got me a cute card and a beautiful candle. It smells great!! Almost to great to burn! I had a wonderful visit with them. We had not gotten to visit much since before Granny's birthday.Eric leaves on Friday for Georgia. He has 6-7 weeks of training with the National Guard and then he leaves for 3-4 months of training in Maryland. Please remember to pray for all 3 of them while he is away. Whitney is expecting and is due in September. They will be able to see each other a few times in between now and September but it won't be easy being apart. Eric gets back literally a few days before Whitney is due. Pray he is able to be here for the delivery. Today they are having their ultrasound to find out if the baby is a boy or a girl.
Last night around 8:30/9:00, I found out Bryan and some men he works with were going out of town today for a meeting. They were going to meet at our house for breakfast and I was going to provide the biscuits!!! I have never made homemade biscuits and I didn't plan to try my first time on Curtis and Todd!!! So...........I used this recipe.............



They have really great biscuits!! The sausage provider (Todd) and the gravy man (Curtis) were due at our house at 6:30 a.m.!! I wasn't about to let them see me without makeup!!! So I got up at 5:15, put on make up and straightened my hair and drove over to Carl's Jr and bought 10 biscuits. Yes I could have made them cheaper than what I paid for them, but again.....I didn't want to experiment on these 2!! The sausage was "real" pig from Kentucky (Todd's family is from Kentucky) and Curtis made excellent gravy!!! He knows I love gravy!!
Todd (on the left) and Curtis (on the right) are two great men Bryan works with at the City of Oklahoma City. They are always so sweet to me and funny!!!!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your flowers are beautiful. Hope you had a great day.

Caroline said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE!!!!!!!!

Candy said...

Happy Birthday, Julie!! It sounds like you had a great day. :)

Melissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!! i hope you had a fabulous day! Isn't the ipod fun??

Jared said...

Happy Late birthday...I was thinking your birthday was in the middle of April. Hope this is the best year yet!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Julie! Sorry I'm a little late. Glad you had a nice day.

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday (a little late) - it sounds like you had a wonderful day!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JULIE
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

valerie said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Julie!
Looks like you had a great day.
I love Carl's Jr. biscuits too!
Have you ever bought the Pillsbury frozen biscuits? They are great and so easy. They come in a bag so you can cook one or two at a time. They remind me of Carl's Jr. and definitely better than I could ever make.
Talk to you soon.