Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friday Night Bunco

I was invited to be a sub for Bunco last night. I have never played Bunco and thought Bunco was only for the cool and sophisticated people. I was so excited my friend Terri asked me to be a sub. I got to visit with some gals I don't always get to just sit and talk with at church. It was so much fun and lots of laugh. I even won a prize at the end! Not because of my skill. My name was drawn!!! I hope I can be a sub again sometime. Some of the gals laughed at the way I picked up the dice! I used both hands when everyone else seemed to use just one. I tried to work my way into a one handed dice roller!!

The Bunco Group from Friday


Melissa and Emily. Melissa does my hair and I love her!! She is so talented and such a beautiful person. She has such a sweet heart. Emily was the host. She was also in the college class when Bryan and I assisted. Isn't she beautiful! She is so kind and made me feel so welcomed.

Terri Holland and Rachel Holland
Terri is Rachel's mother-in-law and Emily's as well. Terri was the one who invited me to Bunco as a sub. It was so much fun to be with this group of ladies and I'm so glad Terri asked me. Terri is such a godly woman. And I know she prays for Bryan and I. Terri and her husband adopted their daughter Heather, so they have been through that process. Terri has such a soft sweet spirit.

Stacy Cox, Kerri Hardin, and Rachel. Kerri is a cancer survivor this year. God has really shown His power through Kerri's healing. Kerri has displayed such a great attitude and praise and glory to God. Her smile is so beautiful. Her and her husband Tim have set such a great example for Bryan and I to follow as a married couple.

20 comments:

Laura said...

Julie - Glad you had so much fun! I hear Bunco is such a fun game! I've never played before, either. My group's style is more pokeno.

Weeksie50 said...

I love Bunco. I won a prize last time I went to... because I lost the most..lol. To funny.. huh?

Jennifer said...

Bunco is such a fun time to spend with friends! I am glad that you had the opportunity to learn how to play and that you enjoyed yourself. I can't wait to start a bunco group up here in Huntsville. Anyone interested?

Megan said...

Yay! Bunco is so much fun!!! I used to play it in college but then all the girls that played graduated and moved away from me! I have been looking for a bunco group to join (I'm too lazy to start my own right now). I hope you get to sub again, that group looks fun!

Candy said...

It looks like ya'll had so much fun!!! I love playing Bunco!!! It's just hard for me to talk and pay attention to what I'm doing though! ha! Hope ya'll are having a great weekend! :)

Betsy said...

That looks like so much fun. I love to play Bunco! I went as a sub back in the spring and won $100! :)

Kimberly said...

Hi Julie Anne~
I found you, does Granny know your'e playing Bunco? She might consider it gambling(lol)

Jenna said...

Look like lots of fun with some great women!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never played Bunco, but it sounds like you had so much fun!

Heather said...

I'm thinking I need to check into this bunco thing- all my blog friends are loving it!

MiMi said...

I've never played Bunco, but it sounds like it is so much fun! I'm glad that you had such a good time and even won a prize. Looks like a great time with a great group of women! Hope you get to sub again soon.

valerie said...

I've never played Bunco but have heard it's lots of fun. I'm glad you were called to fill in.
Happy Fall!
Love,
Valerie

Kara said...

Hi Julie,
So glad that you had a good time with your girlfriends. Was Bunco hard? I have never played, would love to learn. Hope you are doing well!
In Christ, Kara - John 3:30

petrii said...

Julie, How much fun is that? Okay so I have never played Bunco, but my cousin has and tells me how fun it is and from this pics I must agree. So glad you got to sub-in.

Have a Blessed week,
Dawn

Lindsey said...

Bunco is such fun. I love to play and fellowship. Enjoyed all your pics!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so glad you got introduced into the world of Bunco! Don't you love it?

We have some two handed dice rollers in our group too ;)!

Faith said...

I'm so glad that you got to go and had such a great time! I've never played Bunco, but it sounds like fun!

Jessica and Eddie said...

Everyone seems to be playing Bunco-I've never played and I don't really know what it is. I'll have to check it out. Looks like you had a great time. Your weekends always look fun. Hope you have a great week!!

Kristen said...

What a fun time!!!

Jared said...

Bunco was the game I bought at the family reunion...remember? My mom already had a set and she started bidding against me...argh. Anyway, how's your week going?