Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cookies, Anyone!!

Last night we had a cookie exchange at our church as a fellowship for the women's ministries. We had to make 3 dozen cookies; have 1 dozen on a plate to share/taste and wrap the remaining 2 dozen in baggies (3 per bag) for ladies to take home. Obviously, not every lady got a sample of every cookie there. I think that must have been part of the fun. Grab what you can as quick as you can!! I made Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies. Bryan loved them!! He really did!! He said they had a little bit of everything he loves about a cookie and he even asked me to make them for his co-workers for Christmas!

I loved the ribbon I tied my baggies with. I got it at Hobby Lobby 50% off!!!I thought about using an elephant graphic on my recipe but I was afraid that might have been mixing too much church and state!! :) However, I think our government needs a little church right now!
There were several tables set up. Here is just one table with the decorations the ladies did.Every table was covered with cookies and it was a mad house to try to get a cookie recipe that you wanted. I was a little stressed afterward. There were many cookies I saw but all the recipes were gone!!! We were suppose to come home with 8 different cookies and I think I only made it with 6!!

15 comments:

Megan said...

I have never been to a cookie exchange but it sounds fun!! I love cowboy cookies!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies are delish!!! My husband really likes them, too.

I did a cookie exchange last December with some of my friends...it was a lot of fun.

Laura said...

I loved the church & state & elephant comment. Girl, you are SO right!

I had thought about doing a Christmas cookie exchange for Alise and her little friends, but the time has gotten away from me, so maybe next year.

You should post the recipe for your LB Cowboy Cookies. I've made them before (not her recipe), but her style might have a "republican twist." Ha!

Candy said...

How fun! I've only been to a cookie exchange once, but we got to try all the cookies and brought home all the recipes. I have never seen that cookie recipe. They sound and look delicious! :)

MiMi said...

I LOVE Cowboy Cookies, too! YUM! I agree that our government could use a little church right now.

I hope you can get a recipe for those cookies that you missed.

Faith said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! You did a great job on your cookies...they look so yummy, and cute!

Anonymous said...

I have never been to a cookie swap..but it sounds like so much fun! You can't go wrong with lots of different kinds of cookies!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Seriously...that sounds like such a GREAT idea ;)! I am going to pass this on to my friends!

Jenna said...

I have only been to one cookie exchange, but I sincerely hope there are many more in my future!

Those cookies look delicious! Glad ya'll had fun!

amy (metz) walker said...

Found you on Kelly's Dwelling in the Land blog...and just wanted to stop by! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Cowboy Cookies...they're my fav!

Kristen said...

I love cowboy cookies!! What a fun idea!

Heather said...

Your cookies look AMAZING! You are so precious, Julie. I wanted to tell you that I carry scripture cards around with me all the time, everywhere. I have even been known to carry them with me from room to room in my house (even to the bathroom) when I am just really feeling under attack or needing the strength we get from God's Word. Please know I am praying for you everyday!

Jennifer said...

Julie,
I did not even see your cookies. They sound very good. It was really crazy. I had such a hard time making a decision on what cookies to get. But it was a really fun night.

Jennifer D.

petrii said...

Oh I have always wanted to do this. It looks like so much fun!!!!!

Hope you are doing well. I've missed checking your blog. Hopefully I'll be back to regular visits real soon.

Have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Leigh Ann said...

I love cookie exchanges. Your cookies look delicious!