Monday, June 16, 2008

Busy Weekend

Bryan and I had another busy weekend. On Friday night, we went to a birthday party for Amy Chapman. Happy 40th Amy!!! You look great!!! We left the party and had a late dinner of pizza from Jo's Famous Pizza in Purcell. Sorry no pictures! I'm having a hard time not having my LCD screen on my camera (I hope to get my new one this week) But Bryan and I gorged ourselves on pizza and Dr. Pepper and ranch dressing!! Then we drove to Ada and got to his parents around 10:30 pm. We went down there to wish Bryan's dad a Happy Father's Day and do some "chores" for my Granny.
It's good to go back to the country every now and then. The bridge on Granny's road was out. Actually the county had demolished it and will be rebuilding it. It seems to flood and erode every time they get a big rain. Because Bryan is an engineer and works mainly on flood plain analysis and bridge construction we drove down there for him to "inspect" it. I was proud to hear him name off the technical terms about what the county was doing to build the bridge.
Here are some pictures of walking up to the where the bridge was and Bryan and I overlooking where the bridge will go. They had just recently had a big rain that week.
I do not like rushing water and wanted him to hurry up and take the picture!!!
As a teenager living with my Granny and Poppy and driving over the country roads, I came to love this creek bottom (Does that sound like something that would come from Mark Twain or Little House on the Prairie??!!:) ). I have always thought this was one of the prettiest views.

Bryan and I spent a looonnnnnggg time cleaning out my Granny's gutters on her back patio. It was a chore!!! It took us a lot longer than we anticipated and I got filthy dirty and very wet. But I guess some labor never hurt anyone to bad.
We had my dad and mom over after church yesterday for Father's Day. Kristi and Jackson joined us. After my parents left, we all took a nap and then Bryan and I went over to help my sister pack and move. We worked from about 5:00 - Midnight last night. Bryan is off today so he is getting to sleep in. He has worked very hard the past few days. He took off 3 days last week and worked on the siding of our house. He is getting a little tired of home repairs/improvements! But I'm so very proud of him. He is doing a fine job and saving us a ton of money!!! I made him pose for a "funny" picture yesterday!!

17 comments:

Jared said...

I love the pictures you took of Granny's place. I takes me back to a different time. I can almost smell the wild flowers. That creek bottom is where I got poison ivy really bad that year when we were on vacation . Remember that?

Kara said...

What great pictures. Yall look like you had a lot of fun. I am so glad that you got to spend time with your grandmother. I lived with my nanny for 2 1/2 years. I learned so much from her. I miss her everyday! She was a true Proverbs 31 lady!
If you are ever in North Texas call me and we can have lunch! Have a blessed week!

Kara Jer. 29:11-13

Heather said...

It looks like you had a great weekend, even if you did get filthy cleaning out the gutters ;) I HATE to clean out the gutters. Probably because I'm afraid I'm going to fall off the ladder! I didn't know you lived with your grandparents for awhile. I lived with mine for many, many years, and now, they live with me! We've come full circle.

Leigh Ann said...

Hi Julie! I am so glad you came by my blog. I LOOOOVE making new blog friends. I love the pictures. They did remind me of Little House on the Prairie. I loved that show and wanted to be Laura for a long time! Ha! I love that you and Bryan spent your weekend helping your family clean and move. I bet you guys are tired and I'm sure your hard work was appreciated. I love that you call your grandmother Granny. That's what my children call my mom. I think it is so cute! Now, about those Reef flip flops...you are, I think, the third person recommending them, so I think I'll take it as a sign too and get some! Thanks again for stopping by. I'll be back to check on you. Have a GREAT week.

Betsy said...

You are such a sweet granddaughter! I love all the pictures of the country. I think it is so relaxing to be away from the noise and chaos of the city sometimes. That sounds like a great weekend!

Have a good week, Julie!

Jessica said...

Hi Julie! Thank you for stopping by! It is very nice to meet you! : )

Love,
Jessica

Kelly said...

Sounds like a very fun but VERY tiring weekend!!! Hope you can rest up during the week!

Faith said...

Beautiful pictures of the country! So pretty! You guys are so sweet to help out your granny...I'm sure she must be so grateful.
You guys are the cutest! Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

Angela said...

You did have a busy weekend! Doesn't it feel good to work outside? I wouldn't want to do it all the time but it does feel good and I know it was especially good to help your granny!

Another thing...I LOVE ranch and pizza!

Kristen said...

I love the country setting. My favorite scene in all the world is hay bales in a field...the pic made me smile!!
Glad you all had a fun weekend with the fam.

Megan said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. You look so cute in that picture by the water!

Anonymous said...

Cute new profile picture!

valerie said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had such a good weekend.
One of my daughter's favorite scenes is like the one you took of hay in the field. She always points that out when we're traveling.
Thanks for the prayers for us while we were at Falls Creek. It
was great. I'm sure lovin' being back in my comfy bed though. :)
Have a good one and stay safe in these crazy storms.
Love ya,
Valerie

His Doorkeeper said...

Julie, you are so sweet to help out your grandma! Those pictures are so beautiful of the land...I love to see hay baled out on a pasture!

Hey, you can learn to do siding! I learned to do it when we went on a mission trip to N. Dakota to help build a church and then I helped put it up when we built our own house!

Jessica said...

I think it will be very helpful, too! : )

Lindsey said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend:)

I enjoyed all your pics!

Lindsey said...

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading about your weekend:)

I enjoyed all your pics!