Sunday, June 1, 2008

Party's On!!!!

Greetings!!! I'm coming to you live from my couch!!!! My wonderful brother-in-law, his friend Wade, and my outstanding husband worked on our wireless Internet router today and I can finally work on the laptop to blog!!! I've looked forward to this moment for a long time!!! Now I don't have to share the main computer with Bryan and I can blog whenever!!!! Thanks guys!!!


I am sure I am going to leave something out that happened this weekend. It was nonstop even through today. But it is all good. It's what I live for. I love making memories with my family. I am very thankful for the relationships my cousins and I are making. We are determined to remain close, get together often, and make wonderful memories. I believe in relationships you have to determine to work at them no matter what may occur. We have to look beyond what we feel may be other's faults and work on that relationship. I have numerous faults and habits others may not like but I'm very thankful to my family for working at a relationship with me. Each person is very special to me.

James, my cousin I've blogged about before, and Whitney and Katie were at our house on Friday. James was up from Texas and we wanted to celebrate his 30th birthday early. Bryan grilled steaks. And we had baked potatoes and mixed veggies out on our deck. It was a little humid but we enjoyed the evening despite the temperature. Bryan and I and Whitney, Eric, and Katie bought James a Fossil watch for his birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES!!!!



I hope Katie had a wonderful party. Bryan and I counted on the way to church and we had 29 people at our house!! I used 8 pounds of hamburger meat and made about 29 patties and Whitney brought several packages of hot dogs. We all ate outside and then squeezed in the living room and dining area for Katie to open presents. To say it was hot outside is an understatement!!!! Bryan made the comment today that we should have planned on more shade. We should have rented a canopy or something. Several people sat under a large tree in our yard and that helped.

The Birthday Girl
Katie turned 8 on Saturday! I took this picture after the party when her, a friend and my niece had climbed up into a tree and they sent someone else in to the house and told me to come take a picture of them. I loved them for this!!! We gave Katie her gift from us on Friday night after James opened his. She is wearing the shirt we got her.



The Grill Master

Here are some additional snapshots of the party. I didn't get a lot of pictures. I was a little distracted. I had a great time and I was glad we could have people over for Katie. r

My younger cousin, Shane on the left. My niece, Kayla on the lounge, and my younger cousin Trent.
They were all very thankful for the large bradford pear tree in our yard.



My cousin, Alyssa with Kayla. They even stayed at the house later that night and babysat some of the younger kiddos so we could go eat our. Thanks girls!!!!

17 comments:

Heather said...

I am so glad you had a great weekend! The party looks like so much fun. I LOVE anything that's cooked on a grill. Yum!!

The Hickmans said...

I just love hanging out with family and friends!! I'm so glad you had a great time. :)

Kelly said...

sounds like it went perfect! I'm sure everyone had a great time at your house and you were a great hostess!!!
GET SOME REST!!!!

valerie said...

Julie,
Looks like you had a great weekend.
It was hot wasn't it?
We attended an outdoor wedding at 3:00 p.m. Sat. in OKC. Whew!
You have a lovely home and lovely back yard. It's so nice to have family and friends to come over and enjoy special times. I cherish my time with my family and friends as well.
Have a great week.
P.S. Glad you got your own computer for blogging! :)
Love,
Valerie

Melissa said...

Julie what a great weekend! I love family get togethers.

Caroline said...

fun fun fun and that grill is lookin good girl!!!!!!! don't think i haven't forgotten about that chicken! i think i might need to drive north 3 hours and eat with you!!!!!!!

Candy said...

I'm so glad the party went so well!! I hope you have a less stressful week. :)

Megan said...

How Fun! I love family get togethers! And how great that you have big trees in your yard! I am jealous!

Betsy said...

I'm glad everything turned out good. All the time and effort you invest in keeping up relationships is really going to pay off. I agree that that is so important! Now you can relax! :)

Faith said...

Looks like the party was a huge success! I'm sure they all appreciated you and Bryan's hard work as hosts. I love that pic of everyone under the shade tree!
Katie looks so cute in the shirt you got her!
Hope you enjoy resting (and blogging) on the couch!

MiMi said...

Thanks for the sweet words about my new little Ragdoll, Lewis. I actually had not heard of Ragdolls myself until about 9 mos. ago when I started researching cats because I wanted one that was sweet and not quite so aloof as most cats. My Boxer is the sweetest boy - he really can get along with anyone or anything! I love Beagles! Sounds like your party was a huge success! Try to get some rest while you blog from the couch!

Brooklyn said...

i can't believe you had that many people over...you are much braver than i am! glad it all went well and you get to relax now.

Angela said...

I'm glad everything went well. Congrats on your wireless...must be REALLY nice!

Kara said...

I love your comment about your cousins. It is so important to keep those family relationships close and strong. I grew-up with my cousins and now our kids are growing-up together. There are times when we do not agree on things, we may get mad but we get over it and move on.
Your party turned out so wonderful! You have a great backyard. You guys are so sweet to host a party!
Have a good Tuesday!
Kara-Texas Jer. 29:11-13
PS. I am addicted to Blue Coconut Snow cones!!!!!

valerie said...

Hey Julie,
The store is on hwy 3 (I think) I'm so terrible with names of hwys...but it's going from Shawnee to Seminole just past the Earlsboro exit. It's called Nonnie's. I'm not sure how long the sale will be on, but things are pretty cheap there anyway.
I'm going back when the kitchen is done. I'm completely changing the theme and color scheme.
I'm pretty excited that I found those canisters at such a great price!

Alana said...

I don't know what it would be like to blog anywhere but the couch. So glad about that for you ;-)

The party looks like some event! Glad you had a good time.

Hillary said...

Busy weekend! I love cookouts. It is one of the best things about summer!