Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

Bryan and I had a great Christmas holiday. It was filled with family, fun, and relaxation. I really enjoyed the slower pace we had this year. I think it helped to leave work at noon on Christmas Eve and then I had the next 2 full days off. Counting the weekend, I had 4 1/2 days off; like a mini-vacation.

We started our Christmas Eve at Granny's house and then she went with us over the Bryan's MeMaw's to eat Taco Salad and participate in Dirty Santa (with good gifts). I love these pictures of Bryan and I with our grandmas. My other grandparents live in Oregon and MeMaw is the only grandparent Bryan has left so we are really trying to savor every moment we have with them.
(This one was actually taken Christmas Day)

On Christmas Eve we were blessed with this sunset at Granny's:The weather was amazing and mind boggling all at the same time!! I think it was in the 70s on Friday!!

After our Christmas Eve at MeMaw's Bryan and I spent the night at his parents and we opened our gifts from them on Christmas Eve. Bryan's mom does a fabulous stocking for me. My stocking often costs more than a wrapped gift because she gets nice "undergarments" from VS. (I'm trying to type code here! :> ). This year though she fooled us only briefly and this was the only thing we each had in our stockings:
A lump of coal!!
Don't laugh at my stocking. It's been my stocking since Bryan and I were dating in high school and he "decorated" it in 1995!!
Donna did eventually bring out a sack full of things for us. I think she meant these for a joke but I kind of like my new sun shades:
You can't tell but they have OU on the side. Boomer Sooner!!
On Christmas Eve Bryan and I went to Granny's for breakfast and she made fabulous biscuits, gravy, sausage, coffee, and juice!!! No one, absolutely no one can make biscuits like Granny!
On Friday morning, Donna, her friend Gayla, and I went into Ada and hit the 50% off sale at Hallmark. I was able to get nice lined paper for $2.50. The engineer in my husband insisted I get the paper that had the grid on the back so he could properly and evenly line everything up when he wraps! I got packages of bows for 50% off. It was a great bargain day!!
On Friday night, we drove back home to the city and spent Friday evening with my family. My sister bought our nephew, Jackson, a train set and he was enthralled with it. Bryan and I loved watching Jackson.
I didn't get many pictures at Jennifer's but I did get this one of Bryan and our nephew Will. Will is such a loving boy and I think he loved our gift. I broke down and bought him an OSU t-shirt and camo pj pants. It was a sacrifice for me, but I was willing to do it for family.
On Saturday, my cousin James came up from Texas. Whitney and Jesse came over to visit us too! We all enjoyed playing with Jesse. (I had to cut Bryan out of this picture because......you guessed it, his eyes were closed!)
I hope everyone had a great holiday!

11 comments:

Laura said...

Great post, Julie! I love how you know what I am thinking in my head while I am reading! I wondered what was up with the "babydoll" stocking and I totally got the "undergarment thing." I'm liking that green vest you're sporting, too!!

Faith said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas with your sweet families! I love all of the pictures. You look so cute in your green vest...I love it!

Guyla said...

I'm glad you had a great Christmas, Julie! I love the pictures with the grandmas. Love on those sweet grandmas all you can. I miss my Granny so much and holidays are hard without her.

You look so cute with bangs! I hope to see you soon.

Heather said...

I was loving those sunglasses until you told me what was on the side!! :) (They really are cute!) And I am so happy that you bought something OSU!!! Glad you had a great Christmas, Julie!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful holiday! I love the lump of coal! Mmmm...I love homemade biscuits!! It makes me hungry just thinking about them :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

Looks like you had a fabulous Christmas with family and friends ;). I think it is so sweet that you and Bryan spend a lot of time with your grandparents!!!

I also listened to the song and I love it! We will continue to pray for you as God leads you on the adoption journey!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

The pictures of the Christmas Eve sunset are AMAZING!!! They look professional...like something that should be framed and hanging on a wall. (:

I'm so happy to hear you had a wonderful, relaxing Christmas with your family.

Jenna said...

Yay for a fun, laid-back Christmas with your sweet families. I loved seeing all of the pictures - you are just too cute, my friend!!

Betsy said...

I LOVE your stocking!! Haha...that is so cute! It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I wish I could have had some of those biscuits! MMMmmm! You are so blessed with such sweet grandmas! :)

valerie said...

Poor Bryan. For years I had trouble keeping my eyes open in pictures!

Looks like y'all had a wonderful Christmas. My Nannie always made the very best biscuits. I will always remember her awesome breakfasts when we stayed all night at her house.

I couldn't believe the weather on Friday! Only in Oklahoma, huh?

Man, the wind was crazy though. My husband and I went to K-mart and these two ladies were loading their car and they had a little on in the shopping cart and the cart started rolling away. They didn't even know and a man walking by caught it and brought it back to them. Crazy!

Thanks for sharing your holiday with us. Oh yeah, you know how Kris & Zack are with OSU....well, I didn't know it until yesterday when I started taking my tree down and couldn't find our OU ornament...he had put it way down on the bottom branch. Kris said he did it a long time ago. I told him next year his there won't be a stitch of orange on our tree. ;)
So, I can relate to what you said about giving in and buying those OSU things. he he

petrii said...

Oh how sweet those pics with your grandma's are ~~ love it!!

That sunset is beautiful!!!

So glad you had a GREAT CHRISmas.

Praying for you dear friend,
Dawn