I just remembered my friend, Mandi, at Immeasurably More tagged me for a Christmas Tag and I thought it looked like fun. Sorry Mandi I'm a little late. :)
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate....and the best comes from Ihop!! I love the whipped topping!!!!! I'll even order it in the middle of summer.2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps! The presents in the stocking are not wrapped. Sometimes the present left on Christmas day isn't wrapped.
3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights?
I love white lights on the tree. But I like to see some colored lights on the house. We do not have any on the house because we do not want to spotlight not having the siding/trim finished on our house!!
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. But I need to find some soon! :)
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Usually Thanksgiving weekend or very close thereafter.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding desert)?
I make this corn green chili dish that I love and I also love the taco salad we eat on Christmas Eve.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
I liked having a place to go to for Christmas. I always enjoyed spending Christmas at my granny's. One year my Poppy took me and my cousins ice skating I mean tennis shoe skating on the pond!!!! Luckily, no one fell in, that I remember! :) That same year Granny got all 7 grand kids sweatsuits!!! I wish I had that picture and I'd post it.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I think I was about in the 2nd or 3rd grade and I hear my parents setting out or putting together a present. I felt so deceived!!! :0
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Yes!!!!!! Bryan and I exchange our gifts with one another and then we get in the car and drive down to Ada to spend Christmas Eve with his family.
10. How do you decorate your tree?
An assortment of ornaments. The majority of them are snowman and OU/Sooners. It is amazing how the two can tie together and look ok.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
LOVE it! But I don't see too much of it really. I hope we get some pretty snow this year!
12. Can you ice skate?
I have never been ice skating. Bryan went during lunch last week!! He's a city employee...need I say more! :o
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Last year Bryan bought me real diamond earrings. He bought them with "secret" money he had set aside throughout the year. So I didn't have to write the check to pay for them!! And the year before that he bought be a trio diamond necklace that he had the jeweler design. Nothing fancy but I had wanted 3 diamonds stacked on top of each other and Bryan came thru! He is the best and I am spoiled.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you?
It is a time set aside to celebrate the birth of our Savior. It is important to me each of my family members realize they must have a personal relationship with Jesus and they must accept him as savior to have eternal life in heaven. None of the gifts, the food, the parties, the commercialism, the materialism matter if you do not have Jesus.
It is important to make each family gathering joyous, stress free, and a time of sweet memories.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Pumpkin Pie with Cool Whip
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
We go to Bryan's MeMaw's on Christmas Eve, eat Mexican food, play dirty santa (with good gifts) and then go to Bryan's parents to open our gifts.
Also, the past 2 years I've made MeMaw's famous Bon Bons since she is not able to make them anymore; after all she is 85! I feel honored I can makes these for her. I'll be making them again this year. It is a pretty tedious undertaking!
This will also be our second year to go with Brooklyn and her family to eat bbq and see the lights in Chickasha!
17. What tops your Christmas tree?
Absolutely nothing!! The 2nd or 3rd year we were married, Bryan accidentally knocked off my beautiful and cute snowman topper and it broke into a million pieces. I have not found anything to replace it. :( Can I get a poor thing, please??
18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving?
I have to admit when I was younger (not just last year :0 ) I did like to receive gifts. But as I've gotten older and see how incredibly blessed Bryan and I are, I love to give. I love to buy for my nieces and nephews and I love to watch people open the gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Oh, I'm so sorry. I have not established a favorite Christmas song. But I'll try. I tend to lean more toward those we sing in church such as Silent Night, Joy to the World, and Away in the Manger. I think I will always love Away in a Manger. Can you just picture sweet little faces singing this song!!Santa: If you are reading this blog, I have always admired this Willow Tree nativity scene from afar. Or maybe I should actually say covet??? :o
20. Candy canes-yum or yuck?Yum if not in in excess!!! I like the fruit flavored.
21. What do you want for Christmas?
I do not want anything in the way of material things for Christmas. In my heart I would really like to be sharing it with a child that is ours, that's all. I approach this new year with anticipation what will happen with establishing our family.
I just remembered, there is one thing I did ask for:(I had to take this photo from google)
It was the Write Plate. Brooklyn has one and I love it. You can change it out for the seasons and obviously write messages/greetings on it.
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party?
We have our Sunday School party that we've attended. When I worked for the mortgage company, we had 3. I'm glad we do not have so many this year.
23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs?I dress casual for Christmas; usually jeans and a sweater. On Christmas Eve, once we are back at my in laws, I sometimes put on PJs. But sometimes I wait to see if I get a new pair!!
24. Do you own a Santa hat?No
25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with?Bryan and his family. I usually see my Granny for breakfast.
Enjoy the holidays and make memories!!!