Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Day and Night at the Movies

On Wednesday, I got off work at noon and headed to the mall. I was on a quest for two things (1) search for a replacement for my black flats and (2) watch Marley and Me. I had decided I wanted to see Marley and Me and I kind of figured Bryan did not want to see it so I went by myself. It all worked out perfect; except replacing my black flats. I hit the stores but found absolutely nothing. I need something plain with no bling bling and no wedge heel. It was impossible and I came up empty.

I've only watched one other movie by myself and that was by accident when Kristine and I went to seperate theatres. But I didn't mind being by myself yesterday. It was kind of relaxing. At first, I thought I had made a mistake seeing this movie by myself. I cried two different times and it does feel a little weird sitting by yourself crying when others are sitting behind you! :) This is a great movie though and you need to see it. I think there is more to the movie than just the story of the dog and his owner; you saw their marriage relationship develope and their family develope. But it did make me come home and love on my dogs!! We even let Lilly and Layla in the house and loved on them. They were quite excited and thank the writer of Marley and Me and the producers for making the movie!!!

Bryan got off work at 4:00 yesterday and got home early (remember, he is a city employee!! hee hee! :>) We did not have any invites for New Years Eve so he and I went to eat Mexican and then went to another movie at the wonderful Moore theatre and saw this movie:
I wasn't sure about this movie. But I have to say it was another great movie. I cried AGAIN at the end! I was proud to be an American!! What an emotional movie day!!
All in all I think I must say I'm glad I did this on 12/31/08 since one of my goals was to watch less movies and TV in 2009! :) And I do have to write although it is now officially 2009 I have spent the day in my pjs and laying around A LOT watching the Season 4 DVDs of The Office so obviously I have a lot of work cut out for me to work on that goal list! In my defense though, I have had a headache and taken medicine all day and just can't think. I'm blaming my flub up on the headache. I'm glad there are 364 days left!!
I think the evening may be better than the day (although I've enjoyed my time with Bryan). Bryan is marinating steaks for dinner and we have baked potatoes in the oven!! MMM MMM good!! And Bryan also made delicious sandwiches on sourdough bread for lunch! Am I spoiled or what!! Don't answer!!!! :)

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Scott wants to see that Tom Cruise movie really bad - I had to beg to see Marley instead. I'm glad we did. We did cuddle a LOT with Dawson last night and today.
I'm glad you've had a great day! Praying for 2009 to bless your socks off!

Laura said...

I've gone to movies by myself sometimes...it depends on the timing, but of course, it's usually a movie that Wayne doesn't want to see. Sounds like Marly & Me might just be one of those movies!!

Julie, don't be so hard on yourself with your goal list. You've got QUITE a few items on it, I must say!! Love ya!

Betsy said...

I saw both those movies over this Christmas break and I really liked both of them...especially Marley and Me.

Have a great 2009, Julie!!!

Jenna said...

I love going to the movies by myself - as weird as that is. I mean, I love going with actual people more, but I think going alone is quite enjoyable too. :-)

Glad you had a great day (minus the headache part - boo!). Hope the next 354 days of '09 bring you blessing upon blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm!! Send Bryan down to teach my hubby a few things!! I want to see Marly & Me. Glad you had a good New Year!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

Your dinner sounds yummy! A lazy day OK every now and then...in fact resting one day a week is something God highly values! (:

I could sit and watch The Office for hours, too! It's one of my favorite shows.

Happy New Year!

MiMi said...

I have actually gone to the movies a lot of times by myself and I really enjoy it. I'm like, Jenna, I enjoy going WITH people, too, but I don't mind being alone, either. The best part is I don't have to share my popcorn and candy with anyone! lol

I want to see Marley and Me, but may wait until it's out on DVD so I won't embarrass myself in the movie-crying like a baby!

Julie, so glad that I got to "meet" you this year and I look forward to getting to know you even better in the new year.

I'm excited about what God is going to do in your life in 2009!

valerie said...

I like to watch those really, really sad movies by myself when they come out on dvd! I cry so easily at anything sad or sweet.

I watched "P.S. I Love You" recently by myself and it was so nice to be able to cry and not be embarrassed. ;)

I've been wanting to go see "Four Christmases" and Brad Pitt's movie????. I am about to think I'm gonna have to go by myself.

If you ever need someone to see a chick flick with, call me.

I do hope your headache is better this afternoon, Julie. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you to go to the game. There will be others!

I've prayed for you today. Boy can I ever relate when it comes to headaches.

Love,
Valerie

Kara said...

Happy New Years Julie! I pray that you and your family will be blessed above and beyond in 2009! I am so blessed to have found your blog! You are so encouraging and the love of Christ flows from you!
Thanks for keeping it real!
Kara - I Cor. 13

Lana said...

Hi! I've been reading your blog for a little while now and I wanted to finally comment! I can't tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog! I've heard that Marley and Me was a great movie! I may have to go see it! From what I've heard, I'm sure to cry! Happy New Year!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Your goal list sounds great and I have faith that you will accomplish all you set your mind to ;)! We will definitely pray that 2009 brings many answered prayers!!!

Unknown said...

When you go to the movies by yourself, you don't have to share your popcorn! :) I really enjoyed (and sobbed through) Marley and Me. Praying for you this year!