Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Word of God

How can anyone top the greatness of the Word of God?

I will say no more other than this was my reading this morning. God's Word is Great!!!

Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom should I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom should I be afraid?
Psalm 27:13-14
I am certain that I will see the Lord's goodness in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be courageous and let your heart be strong. Wait for the Lord.
Psalm 28:6-7
May the Lord be praised, for He has heard the sound of my pleading. The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. Therefore my heart rejoices and I praise Him with my song.


I hope someday to have Psalm 28:6-7 in a nursery!!

11 comments:

Immeasurably More Mama said...

That's a great verse for a nursery! I can see it on a cute painted canvas already. (:

Guyla said...

These verses encouraged me today, Julie. Thank you. :)

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love that you bolded the world "certain!" What a great reminder that goodness is always among us!

Kelly said...

I love that Julie! No doubt you will have that up in your nursery one day SOON!

His Doorkeeper said...

Sweet Julie, I have no doubts that the Lord will bless you one day very soon.

This is God's word for you this morning:
"My lips will glorify You because Your faithful love is BETTER than life. So I will praise You as long as I live; at Your name, I will lift up my hands." Psalm 63:3-4

Blessings!

Faith said...

Love, love, love these verses! I am CERTAIN you will have them in a nursery one day!!

P.S. Love your write plate!

petrii said...

Your nursery will look adorable with that verse stenciled above little one's bed.

I love Psalm 27:13 ~~ to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I first found this verse while praying over my mother. It is very special to me.

Praying for you dear one ~~ have a Blessed day,
Dawn

Unknown said...

These were very encouraging scriptures for me today. And that is a beautiful verse for a nusery! I am continuing to pray for you!

Heather said...

Love the verses and that will be PERFECT for your nursery! Praying for you!

Laurie said...

Those are great words for me to hear tonight! Thank you. They will be great in your nursery.

Lindsey said...

Love the verse! Perfect for your nursery. Sorry I've been so MIA lately! Real life keeps getting in the way of my blogging!