Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Dinner with Eric

My cousin is back on 2 weeks leave from Kuwait!!! Bryan and I are very excited. I of course have missed him and Bryan has really missed him during hunting season!! I can only imagine how his wife and children feel!!! We are trying very hard to not impress upon his time here so that he can spend it with his immediate family. They did ask us to go eat with them last night at:

Bryan had the chicken fried steak and I had the catfish. Eric and Katie each had a steak. Bryan and I butcher a calf from a family friend and that meat is so tender and delicious so we rarely eat steak out. I didn't take pictures of the food because I didn't want to irritate anyone else. But our food was delicious! The company was even better!!

Afterwards, Bryan and I went home, changed into our pjs, crawled under the warm covers. watched the last hour of Biggest Looser, never left our comfy bed, and then felt bad for all the food we ate because people were loosing big on Biggest Looser!!

I missed the first hour of the introductions of the contestants so maybe I can find it online. I have to pick who I'm going to be pulling for. I cannot believe they eliminated 9 people on the first night!!

Thank you for your sweet words and prayers regarding the migraines. I'm hoping your prayers are answered next month! :)

6 comments:

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy that Eric has two weeks of leave to spend with his family :)! What a blessing!!!

Unknown said...

Julie, I found your blog via Kelly. I suffer from migraines too, I hope that that they subside soon! I couldn't believe that they sent 9 people home on Biggest Loser either! And you didn't miss much in the beginning...they barely even introduced the contestants this time! I am praying for you this year!

The Hickmans said...

I'm so happy for you all that you got to visit with them! That OJ in your previous post looked DELICIOUS!

Heather said...

I watched it, too, and also felt guilty about my eating!!! It is just unbelievable all that weight!!!

Kelly said...

I'm so glad your cousin is home!!!!!!
And I'm glad you are watching Biggest Loser!

Megan said...

I just started watching The Biggest Loser and I really like it so far, I just had to see what all the hype is about!!
Glad Eric is home, looks like you guys had a great night out. I LOVE Cattlemens and was pretty shocked when I read you didn't have steak - until I read why and I understand now! :-)
Hope you have a great day!