Friday, January 9, 2009

Karri Hardin



Karri Hardin pictured in the hat


Please pray for the Hardin family: Tim, Miriam, Michaela, and Madilyn. Karri Hardin passed away last night after a battle with cancer and is now in heaven. Her cancer returned around the holidays and was very aggressive.

I believe Karri was in her early 40s and her children are in high school, junior high, and elementary school. I had posted about her here and here. They go to our church and I've played Bunco with her a few times. They are an amazing family. Karri was an outstanding wife and mother. They were a great couple and set such a nice example for Bryan and I to watch.


Karri's battle with cancer has left me with regrets. I regret I really just got to visit with her in the past 2 years. Regret Bryan and I did not take more time as a couple with them. Regret I did not tell Karri more what a wonderful wife, mother, and person she was.


I've been told one of Karri's only worries was for her girls. Please lift these beautiful children up today. I'm asking God to make the next phase of this family's journey as easy as possible.


We were at our friends' house watching the BCS game when Jeron got the call Karri had passed away. It really puts things in perspective when something like this happens and we had all been so concerned about the outcome of the game. I like Sooner Football but I could careless about the football game in the last 2 quarters. I felt bad even getting excited knowing this family was hurting and already missing a loved one.


I do congratulate the Florida Gators and their fans. The Gators played a great game.


Please don't think I'm a sore looser. I just don't feel like posting about football right now.

16 comments:

petrii said...

Julie,
I'm so sorry. I will be praying for this dear family and for you and Brian.

Love you friend and please feel free to e-mail me with any specific requests. I will check my mail often today.

Love you, Dawn

Immeasurably More Mama said...

I totally understand...keeping perspective is SO important.

I just prayed for Karri's family.

Unknown said...

When things like this happen it always makes me reevaluate what things are really important in life. I am praying for Karri's family and for you during this tough time.

Kelly said...

Football doesn't matter in the scheme of things, does it?
I'm so sorry about your friend - so sad. It's also sad that it takes a friend dying to re-evaluate just what is important or to remind us what we should be doing daily.

Angela said...

Thanks for posting this so we can lift this family us. I will pray! I'm so sorry for your loss.

Megan L Hutchings said...

It is always hard when things like this put things in perspective. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. We will be praying for the family and you during this hard time!

Anonymous said...

Julie thank you for posting Karri's info. I've known the Hardin's since earlier 2000, and now live in El Paso. I heard from a dear mutual friend yesterday evening Karri was very close to going Home. So when I googled her name this morning--your site and sweet picture of the Hardin's and her wonderful comforting smile was right there. Karri and Tim had such a strong Faith in God within their marriage. Tim and Karri held my hands one night as Tim prayed for my spiritually confused husband out loud with a small group at Emmaus years ago--it will always stand out in my mind because no man in my life had ever prayed like that before. I remember telling Karri when the prayer was over with tears in my eyes and she and I were alone, how blessed she was to have a husband/spiritual leader for her girls and her household...she knew how blessed she was. I know Tim's faith will get that sweet family through this difficult time. Please lift him and the girls up during Karri's homecoming time, as her pain ends, theirs increases. God Bless You!

The Hickmans said...

I will be praying for this family. Thank you for letting us know about the needs of the family...

Jenna said...

Oh my heart just goes out to her husband and beautiful girls. I will definitely be praying for them, and for ya'll.

Guyla said...

Julie, I am so glad you posted this. I had been praying for her since you mentioned that her cancer had returned and was wondering how she was doing. I am so sorry and my breaks for this family. I will continue to pray for her husband and children.

valerie said...

I will be keeping this family in my prayers.
I'm glad they have a caring church family to help support and encourage them. That's so tough!

Melissa said...

Julie, I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep the Hardins in my prayers. I was so looking forward to your post today to see what you were going to say...but this is not what I was looking for!

Candy said...

Julie,
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet friend. I remember you posting about her before. Her family pic at the top is just beautiful! I will remember her family & friends in my prayers.

Meredith said...

I am SO sorry about your friend Karri passing away from Cancer. I will be praying for you and for the family in the weeks to come. May God be with them and give them supernatural strength at this time.

MiMi said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I totally understand. My husband and I recently lost a friend suddenly when his brain cancer had come back and was in his spinal column and liver. We shared the same regrets.

I pray that God will comfort this dear family, and you, during the difficult days ahead.

Anonymous said...

Julie,

Karri was my dear friend when we lived in OKC. She was one of the most beautiful people I know, and her beauty came from the inside out.

I just got the word through another friend. My heart is breaking...especially for Tim, Miriam, Michaela and Madi.

But God is still God, and Karri would be the first one to say that. I know that we'll see her again someday, and that she is with her precious Lord, who she loved with all her heart.

Please tell everyone at Emmaus that our prayers are with you all.

Kiki Cherry