Saturday, January 31, 2009

Visiting The Stamps

What a blessed day I have had! Bryan's mom and I drove up to Tulsa this morning. She visited with her sister and nieces while I went to the St. Francis Children's Hospital and saw The Stamps!!!
With the earth as our backdrop, it looks like we were at an air and space museum but I promise we really were at the hospital!! :)


It was so great to see Kelly and Scott face to face. It was good to hug people you have prayed for and to try to let them know they are such special, kind people to know. I admire them so much! While visiting with them, I just kept thinking how they were displaying God's strength. They are so grateful and appreciative. I didn't get to see Harper, but oh I wanted to so badly. I didn't even ask though if I could. I didn't want to overstimulate Harper and I had come in from outside the hospital so I wasn't even sure if I could visit her in her "regular" room.


When I got off the elevator, I saw Kelly's dad talking on the phone and nearly said "Hi there" but then realized he probably doesn't read my blog and would have no idea who I was and I didn't want to scare the bageebers out of him. So I just turned the corner and tried to act like I knew what I was doing. Then, I saw Kelly's mom talking on the phone too! She knew who I was and even said "Hi Julie" I was thrilled she knew who I was. She is just so sweet!! So sweet!! We hugged and sat and talked for a few minutes. It is an amazing thing to meet someone who blogs because it is just like you are meeting up with a good friend!! I'm so frustrated with myself though because I realized I didn't get one picture of Kelly's parents! I so hope I get to see them again.


I was also able to meet some other bloggers or as we called each other at lunch "followers of Kelly's"!! Hillary and her husband Josh were there visiting as well. Can I just say, I loved them. They are amazing. So friendly and genuine. I loved hearing about the youth ministry Josh is in. And at lunch he was so kind to recommend a book for a situation. I really appreciated his suggestion and it was great to meet this sweet couple.

Hillary, Kelly, and I


And to top it off, a blogger came to meet Kelly for the first time today. It was Kate and she lives in Norman just a few miles from me!! Crazy Blogging World!!!

We were able to take some time to leave the hospital and eat lunch together at Chili's. It was a sweet time with sharing and laughter.Myself, Kate, and Scott




Josh, Hillary, and Kelly


Kate was so kind and generous to buy our lunch!!!! Thank you Kate!!! That was so sweet. I had a great time. Oh, and might I add, I drove all 6 of us in Tulsa in my MIL's van!!! I was so proud of myself!! I only ran one stop sign in the hospital parking lot.


It was very humbling to be at Children's Hospital and watch families walk through those doors leading back to patients' rooms. Even while we were there, the helicopter landed and we saw a small child who's head was bald wheeled in on a stretcher by the air flight team. He looked so small and innocent on the gurney. I just wondered how people can go through having such a sick child without God. I prayed before going into the hospital that parents would come to know Jesus as their personal savior through their journey while at the hospital.


I look forward to the day I can visit the little "missionary in the making" and see her healthy and vibrant. Thank you Father for placing the sweet Stamps family in my life's journey!

19 comments:

Laura said...

I am so glad that you got to visit the Stamps. I was wondering if you would decide to make the trip since they were in your state (I have no idea how far Tulsa is from where you live). You are such a blessing to others, Julie! What a great Saturday! BTW, I'm loving that green jacket!!

Jennifer said...

What a sweet day! I know you were such a blessing to Scott and Kelly!

Laurie said...

This was so sweet of you! I heard ya'll had a great time. I wish I had been there too!

Jenna said...

So sweet! Looks like ya'll had a great time and I know that meant so much to The Stamps to have you visit!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful day! I love your green jacket! So cute!!

His Doorkeeper said...

Julie, It was so wonderful getting to meet you "in real life" today at the Children's Hospital. I would have recognized you anywhere but I must say your blog pictures do not do you justice: You are just beautiful!

Thank you so very much for making the trip to visit with Kelly! I am so thankful for sweet people like you who put the walk to their talk! We were all blessed by seeing you today!

You looked so cute in that bright green jacket!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

LOVE the green jacket, my friend! What a fun day and I know Kelly and Scott appreciated your visit!

Hillary said...

Julie- it was great meeting you!!!! I had so much fun yesterday! I hope I will get to see you again in the near future!

Candy said...

I'm SO glad you got to visit with Kelly, her mom and other bloggers! How fun! This blog world just amazes me more and more. You are such a sweet blessing to so many! P.S. I LOVE your cute green jacket! :)

petrii said...

Julie,
I am so glad you got to go visit them. These are the sweetest pictures. And how impressed am I that you drove "the crew" all by yourself and only ran one stop-sign =)

Still praying for Harper and the Stamps and also praying for you and Brian sweet one.

Have a Blessed Lord's day,
Dawn

Kelly said...

Thank you SOoooooooooooooooooooooo much for coming to see us!!! I love being around you - you are SO sweet and funny! I wish you could have seen Harper. I want everyone to get to see her but they won't allow hardly anyone to be around her YET! Hopefully this summer - I can let you meet her!

valerie said...

I'm so glad you were able to go see Kelly & Scott.
I know how much this family means to you.
Looks like y'all had a very nice visit. It's neat that you were able to meet other bloggers as well as Kelly's parents.
I have to agree with the others. You look adorable in that cute green jacket.
God bless Julie!
Valerie

Lauren said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I'm a new visitor to your blog. So glad you were able to visit with the Stamps family. I know that had to have blessed their socks off :) :)

The Hickmans said...

A bloggy reunion- how fun!

Faith said...

What a precious time that must have been! I know they so appreciate your visit. I'm so glad you were able to go!

Heather said...

I am so glad you got to see and hug Kelly- I know she was so thankful!
You're such a sweetie! And YES- Ted's Queso, here we come next time I come to OK!!! I saw Megan's post and I almost died of jealousy when she said she ate there!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been following Kelly's blog (praying for Harper and getting to see how God is bringing her along) and I was so surprised when I saw your picture on Kelly's blog. Last night when I first looked at her blog, not all of the pictures showed up. I read where "Julie" visited her, but I had no idea it was you! That was kind of you to visit them and I'm glad you had such a good time!

Megan L Hutchings said...

You could not have said it any better! I am so glad you got to visit with Scott and Kelly ;)! You are such a sweetheart!!!

Lindsey said...

So glad you got to visit. Loved all the pics. I'm with Laura---lovin' that green jacket;)