Monday, January 12, 2009

So Much Going On, So Little Time!!!!


If we had the means, sometimes I think Bryan and I would buy a weekend home in Ada!! It seems like we are going down there A LOT during hunting season and for family gatherings. Since Eric is in from Kuwait, our families converged on Granny's house so everyone could see him. It was a fun day. I kind of just sat back and watched and listened to everyone interact.


Eric had bought his younger siblings these scarfs and head wear in Kuwait.





Eric, Whitney, and Jesse at Granny's House




Eric and his family. His two older brothers are not pictured. And Katie went home with my sister earlier.



Alyssa (Eric's sister), Whitney, and Me


I know. I know. I look like a ghost in this picture. I think I still have a medicine hang over from my Friday headache a week ago.


We have a busy week ahead of us. Bryan and I are attending the visitation and viewing for Karri Hardin this evening. Afterwards, I am babysitting Katie and Jesse so Eric and Whitney can have a dinner together. I also have to try to bake 4 dozen cookies while babysitting to take to a reception for Karri's memorial service on Tuesday that we will be attending. I'm a little nervous how I am going to get that done while trying to entertain an 8 year old and an infant!!!! Thank goodness for freezable cookie dough we bought from Katie!!!! And my thoughts are if Kelly can make cookies and pretzels while 9 months pregnant, surely I can work this out!!!! Kelly is amazing!!!


We also have to try to fit in/watch the second half of the 24 Season Premiere.Does anyone watch that show? We watched the first 2 hours last night. Maybe I can try to record tonight's episode. I'd have to hook up our VCR because we are still in the dark ages and have no DVR!!! I've been thinking of a graduation present for Bryan (even though it is not until May). Maybe he needs a DVR!!!


Then on Tuesday Night........................We are having an American Idol Premiere Watch Party with Eric, Whitney, and family at our house . It is one of the last times we will see Eric before he leaves to go back to Kuwait. They are bringing Papa Murphy's pizza over. It should be fun and a positive way to end a rather sad day.


I have something to do every night this week!! And , who exactly is going to do my laundry (I'm wearing my last pair of dress socks today) and clean my house!!


C-R-A-Z-I-N-E-S-S !!!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love our DVR!! I am not sure what I would do with out it :)

Jenna said...

You are one busy girl!! So glad ya'll got some good visiting in. Will be thinking about you this week!

petrii said...

I am right there in the dark ages with you ~~ but we're probably worse no cable!! Yep it is sad, but we don't pay for tv. Dak thinks it is cruel and unusual punishment =)

I'll be thinking about you and praying for you this week dear friend.

Love to you,
Dawn

Megan said...

DVR is amazing. I can't imagine my life without it!!!!

Lana said...

I love DVR, too! I use it daily! My fiance and I are big 24 fans, too! I love Jack! :)

Laura said...

You have been busy!! But spending time with family is the best. It is the time that you will never regret.

DVR is the best!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

DVR will totally revolutionize the way you watch TV! We LOVE it!!!

You are a busy girl! I say AMEN to using frozen cookie dough!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I definitely believe that one with a serving heart is one with a busy calendar...LOL!

DVR is amazing and I am sure both you and Bryan would appreciate it :).

Good luck with everything and I will be thinking about you this week!!!

Faith said...

There is definitely some good tv on right now...I don't know how I'm going to keep up!

Glad you had a great time with all of your family. Hope this week is good!

P.S. Praying for your friends' family as they are going through this time of great loss.

Betsy said...

Those Kuwait head coverings are really cool! And, I think you look really great in your picture. I don't remember if I told you or not, but I think your bangs are so cute on you!!

I can't wait for American Idol either!! Have fun at your little get together!

Heather said...

You definitely need to get him the DVR for graduation. Once you have it, you will wonder how you lived without it. Hope the babysitting went well. I am familiar with the "medicine hangover" and I hope it goes away and you can feel great soon!

The Hickmans said...

I am so glad that you all had a great visit!! I am so pumped about American Idol!! We used to love it, but haven't had cable in two years. We only have bunny ears now, but Fox does come in pretty well- yea!!

Unknown said...

I was thinking about you and praying for Karri's family this week! We watch 24, and I think it is really good so far this year. But if you miss any I am pretty sure they put the full episodes on fox's website. If you do get a DVR, be prepared to watch a LOT of TV, because we record and watch so many programs!!